Wednesday, November 2, 2011

AttorneySync vs Attorney Sync

Admittedly, this post isn't going to contain a lot of substance. It's really more about pondering whether our company name should be "AttorneySync" or "Attorney Sync".

We spent more time than I was anticipating on developing our name. While I recognize the importance of developing a trusted and recognizable brand, it just doesn't strike me as near the top of list of factors that will determine success. Perhaps I don't give a company name enough credit in the overall scheme of things.

Which is supported by the fact that many people really struggle to pronounce our name, especially over the phone. Seeing it writing, you'd probably be surprised as to how many strange pronunciations we receive. I'd say the most frequent misunderstanding is:

Attorneys Inc.

I had really never considered "Attorney Sync" as two separate words until someone wrote it that way in an email I received. Frankly, I kind of liked it.

Alas, we have business cards, logos, and even t-shirts now, so changing it to include a space probably isn't in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment