Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Great Google Places Customer Support Experience


The Google Places team has been the subject of a lot of criticism. Whether it's complaints of bugs in the system, a poor user-interface, or lack of people support, there has been much written on poor Google places support.

To the contrary, recently I had an excellent customer support experience with Google Places.

I was assisting a law firm with claiming, updating, and optimizing their places listing. I had updated the their profiles, compliant with Google Places Quality Guidelines, of course. But When I hit submit, I received a system error message.

After trying a couple more times, I thought I'd head over to twitter and see if I could "get someone on the horn."

Knowing about the problems with Places, and having had a couple poor customer support experiences with them myself, my hopes weren't very high that I would actually get a response, but I did. Not only did I get a response, it was extremely fast and directed me to a support thread that was very helpful. I was so impressed, that I shared my experience with +Vannessa Schneider at Google. And to my surprise, I got a response from her too. I hope this is becoming the rule, and not the exception at Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment