Saturday, March 3, 2012

Social Profiles & Blogging

When I find something I like online, I want to share it and give credit to the author. And sure, sharing a link alone does give "some" credit.

However, I much prefer to append a twitter and/or google plus profile to my share.

This way, the author gets notification of my nod.

Unfortunately, many authors still make finding their social profiles quite difficult.

This is partly due to lack of social understanding, and partly due to lack of native sharing functionality with mainstream web publishing platforms.

So, publishers, make it easy for your readers to find your profiles, sharers, spend a little more time giving social credit to authors, and developers, let's make social sharing integration a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment