Thursday, March 13, 2014

(not provided) not for much longer?

Like most search marketers, I've been pretty frustrated by the loss of keyword data. I hear the reasons, but don't really get the distinction between (not provided) for organic clicks, provided for paid clicks. Smells a little hypocritical to me.

But with recent reports out of SXSW that big G is giving us our keywords back, one must wonder what that might look like.

I was one who speculated that we would be paying for our keywords. Fortunately, that's looking less likely (fingers-crossed).

Will they be back in GA or will we see more data in GWT?

I actually like GWT. It's just hard to swallow the vast discrepancies between GA and GWT.

I know, I know.

Two completely different tools generating data in very different ways.

I'd take GWT keyword data, but for our business, we really need better filtering (i.e. regions, local, personalized, etc).

I'd also like some more info about how GWT data is generated. Anyone have a reliable resource?

No comments:

Post a Comment