Thursday, May 10, 2012

Best Search-Performing Social Profiles

One easy way to take control of your what searchers see on searches for your name is to claim and optimize authoritative social media profiles. But of course, there are a lot of profiles from which to choose and some perform better than others in search. Here are a couple that I have noticed do especially well in search results:

LinkedIn - My LinkedIn profile has pretty steadily stayed near the top of results for searches for my name.

Twitter - Twitter is probably #2 on my list (although this wasn't really intended to be in order).

Google + - Shouldn't be much of a surprise that my Google Plus profile is near the top. It is, after all, owned by Google.

SlideShare - This one might come as a surprise to some folks. I've found both slideshare profiles, as well as, presentations do very well in search results.

JD Supra - Unique really to legal professionals, JD Supra profiles are fairly well optimized and show up.

Facebook - Yep, when optimized, facebook profiles and pages do pretty well. So be careful if you don't want people to find your facebook pages in search.

Blogger - Another Google-owned property, Blogger blogs (like this one) on the blogspot.com domain are pretty strong.

Scribd - Another social sharing and publishing site where profiles perform very well.

Tumblr - The micro blogging and sharing site called Tumblr does well.

About.me - Finally, about.me profiles round out my top choices.

What site profiles perform the best for searches for your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment